Civil/Commercial Mediation & Arbitration
Other ADR Services: ADR Systems Design, ADR Training Services, Facilitation, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial
- Practice Commenced: 1999
- Total Mediations (as of Apr 2021): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Apr 2021): 100
Louise Otis is an active judge, arbitrator and mediator in administrative and commercial matters. She is also Adjunct Professor at McGill University, Faculty of Law (McGill) and a Distinguished Fellow at the International Academy of Mediators (IAM), which sets the standards and qualifications of professional mediators in commercial disputes.
She is the President of the Administrative Tribunal of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), President of the Administrative Tribunal of the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF), and Deputy Judge of the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites Administrative Tribunal (EUMETSAT).
Louise Otis regularly participates in international governance and justice reform missions. At the international level, she has been involved in the reform of justice systems in different countries and international organizations.
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Intellectual Property
- Professional Liability
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Dismissal
- In 2019, Louise Otis was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Université Laval, Quebec.
- In 2017, Louise Otis was awarded from the University of Ottawa in recognition of her extraordinary contribution in the field of Justice.
Memberships & Affiliations
- In 2016, Louise Otis was named Grand Officer oâ€‹f the Ordre National du Quebec (O.C.Q.).
- In 2016, she received the Prix de la Justice award.
- In 2015, Louise Otis was named Officer of the Order of Canada (O.C.) for her “contributions to expanding the administration of justice in Canada as a judge at the Quebec Court of Appeal, and for having created and established judicial mediation systems.”
- Inâ€‹ â€‹2015, International Academy of Mediators awarded her the David Plant Award for Excellence in International Dispute Resolution “Recognizing â€‹world â€‹visionaries â€‹who teach the lessons of peace and understanding to create a better world”.
- In 2011, Louise Otis received the Médaille du Barreau du Québec.
- In 2009, the Louise Otis Award was created for excellence in ADR.
- In 2002, Louise Otis was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Sherbrooke in recognition of the creation of Judicial mediation.
- In 2002, Louise Otis received the Distinguished Service Award for vision that differences can be resolved in peaceful ways presented by The Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of law.
Available On Request.