- Practice Commenced: 2009
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 30
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 50
Lorraine Lafferty is a member of the Nova Scotia Bar, a Vice-Chair of the Nova Scotia Labour Board, and an active arbitrator and mediator.
Lorraine practiced law as a partner with an Atlantic Canada law firm following which she accepted a faculty position at the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, where she taught a variety of courses, including Administration of the Collective Agreement, Tort Law and Damage Compensation, Insurance, Judicial Remedies, Civil Procedure and Professional Responsibility. On two occasions, she served as Assistant Dean. In 2017, Lorraine received the Barrett Award For Teaching Excellence in First Year Law.
in 2009, while teaching at the Law School, Lorraine began accepting appointments as arbitrator and mediator in 2009. She is now designated as arbitrator on a number of labour / management arbitartor rosters.
- Health Care
- Nursing Homes
- Workplace Rights
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) – Dalhousie Law School (May 1983)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) – Dalhousie Law School (Oct 2005)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vice Chair, Nova Scotia Labour Board (since May 2012)
- Minister’s List of Arbitrators, Nova Scotia Dept. of Labour (2009 - 2020)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, Practicing Member (since August 1984)
Please call for details