Academy MemberMap & Directions
Dalton L. Larson
3629 Canterbury Drive
Surrey, BC V3Z 0X5
Cell: (604) 889-9941
Fax: (604) 943-6194
Recognized to British Columbia Chapter for:
Labour Arbitration Specialist
Other ADR Services: ADR Systems Design, ADR Training Services, Facilitation, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 1984
- Total Mediations (as of Apr 2021): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Apr 2021): 600
Mr. Larson commenced his professional career as a full time member of the Faculty of Law at the University of British Columbia. After teaching law for five years, he went into practice as Counsel, becoming a partner in a major law firm in Vancouver, now Lang Michener. After some ten years, he left practice to become a full time arbitrator and mediator dealing with disputes in the labour relations, civil and commercial areas. As Counsel, he represented clients dealing with general civil matters, regulatory, environmental, utilities, transportation, general corporate, labour and employment disputes. He has appeared before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of British Columbia, the Federal Court and many different tribunals and arbitration panels.
He is a recognized expert in alternate dispute resolution. He advises clients on structuring dispute resolution processes, including a system involving a proposed large pipeline project and several First Nations groups. He has conducted in excess of 1000 mediations and hundreds of arbitration hearings, of which well in excess of 100 awards have been published. Many have been high profile cases attracting significant media attention. He has published many articles and papers in academic journals and reviews and has lectured widely on many topics relating to dispute resolution.
He has three academic degrees including a Masters Degree in law from University College, University of London, England. He has served as President of the Arbitrators Association of British Columbia; he is a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators, Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of the BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute, member of the Board of Directors of the ADR Institute of Canada, member of the BC Mediator Roster Society, member of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre, member Register of Arbitrators, Collective Agreement Arbitration Bureau, member ADR Subsection, Canadian Bar Association and is currently co-chair of a feasibility study on a proposed training program relating to the enhancement of collaboration in Labour Relations at the Justice Institute of British Columbia, Centre for Conflict Resolution.
- Workplace Rights
- Bachelor of Arts (1965), University of Alberta (Edmonton)
- Bachelor of Laws (1967), University of Alberta (Edmonton)
- Master of Laws (1968), University of London (England)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the Law Society of B.C.;
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association;
- Member of the Arbitrators Association of B.C.;
- Vice President and Director of the BC Arbitration & Mediation Institute;
- Director of the ADR Institute of Canada;
- Past President of the Arbitrators Association of B.C.;
- Member of the National Academy of Arbitrators;
- Past Member of the Joint Advisory Committee, Collective Agreement Arbitration Bureau;
- President, Dalton L. Larson Inc. (The Arbitrators Group);
- Past Director, Canada West Ventures Ltd.;
- Past Director, CW Saskfund Ltd.;
- Past Director, CW Saskfund II Ltd.;
- Director, CW Saskfund III Ltd.;
- Director, CW Saskfund VI Ltd.;
- Director, CW Saskfund VII Ltd.;
- Past Director, CW Manitoba Fund Ltd.;
- Director, First Coal Corporation.
Please call for details.