Academy MemberMap & Directions
1010 - 225 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V3
Labour Arbitration Specialist
Regularly travels out of province to: British Columbia
Other ADR Services: Facilitation, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 2005
- Total Mediations (as of Apr 2021): 20
- Total Arbitrations (as of Apr 2021): 350
Formerly of counsel to Myers Weinberg, Mr. Robinson has been arbitrating and mediating in the labour field since starting his ADR practice in 2005.
• Responsible for the conduct of hearings and issuance of decisions regarding grievances filed under collective agreements as sole arbitrator / mediator or as the chairperson of arbitration boards.
• Named arbitrator in many collective agreements and frequently appointed as grievance and interest arbitrator by parties.
• Prior to appointment as Chairperson, included on the Manitoba Labour Board List of Arbitrators and appointed as a decision maker pursuant to the political participation provisions of The Elections Act.
• Decisions published in the leading national reporting series Labour Arbitration Cases (L.A.C.) and referred to in the leading text Brown & Beatty, Canadian Labour Arbitration (4th ed.).
- Human Rights Act
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Rights
- Wrongful Dismissal
- B.A. Arts (Honours), 1991, University of Manitoba
- LL.B., 1994, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
Memberships & Affiliations
Arbitration Counsel, Manitoba Government Employees Union, 1998-2003; Vice-Chair, Manitoba Labour Board, 2003-2012; Chair, Manitoba Labour Board, 2012-present
Please call for rates.