Catherine M. Zuck, Q.C., has practiced law for over 30 years and specialized for the last 20 years in labour law. Most recently, she was a fulltime Vice-Chair of the Saskatchewn Labour Relations Board. Her practice now is as an arbitrator, mediator, labour law educator and workplace incident investigator. She is experienced in conducting arbitration and other adiministrative tribunal hearings with procedural fairness and in accordance with the principles of natural justice. Before practicing as a labour law neutral, she presented numerous cases before labour arbitration boards and the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board.
She is experienced before all levels of court in litigating disputes involving: - labour - employment - human rights - disability and other insurance claims - health and welfaire benefit plans - family law - contracts - debt, insolvency, bankruptcy - construction contracts - wills and estates - professional negligence and misconduct. She has both mediated and negotiated a wide range of labour law and employment contract disputes. Teaching is a passion and she has lectured law at the University of Saskatchewan College of Law, Native Law School and at the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences. She has made presentations on a wide variety of labour and employment law topics at national and provincial conferences, Federation of Labour conferences, the Law Society of Saskatchewan, and Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers and at the request of a number of unions. She has extensive experience in health care, public service and school board/university disputes. She has served as a Bencher of the Law Society of Saskatchewan and therefore, also has an interest in professional discipline.
- Disability Claims
- Unfair Competition
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Rights
- Wrongful Dismissal
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE
- University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- B.A. obtained in 1973
- Major - History and Political Science, Minor - Economics
COLLEGE OF LAW
- University of Saskatchewan - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- LL.B. obtained in 1978
- Admitted to practice law in Saskatchewan in 1979
QUEEN'S COUNSEL designation given in December, 2005.
- Continuing Legal Education Mediation Course(Obtained Mediation Certification - March, 1988)
- Resolving Conflict Constructively Training Course (March, 2001)
- Calgary Annual Labour Arbitration and Policy Conference (Annually since 1991)
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers Conference (Annually from 1991 to 2007)
- Annual Conference of Labour Board Chairs (2007)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan (inactive status)
Available on Request.