Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
Blair’s practice for many years was focused on general civil litigation. However, in recent years he has served extensively as a labour arbitrator and as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial and other types of disputes.
Blair’s ADR practice commenced in 1997 on a small scale when he began to be selected periodically as an arbitrator in labour matters, primarily grievance arbitrations.
Over several years, Blair’s ADR practice grew to include grievance and interest arbitration matters in labour law and to include mediation of various types of grievances.
In addition, Blair has become actively involved as an arbitrator and mediator in various types of civil disputes (negligence, product liability and estate claims) and commercial disputes (shareholder disputes in closely held corporations and various types of breach of contract actions, including commercial lease disputes, commercial real estate development agreements and disputes over various types of restrictive covenants).
- Disability Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Property Damage
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Rights
- Wrongful Dismissal
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 1977
- University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Arts, 1974
Memberships & Affiliations
- Queen’s Counsel, 1992
- Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers since 2004
- Blair has been selected on several occasions by his peers to be included in the Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Blair has been Vice-Chair of the Manitoba Labour Board from 2006 to the present
- Blair has frequently been a guest lecturer on evidentiary issues at the Robson Hall Faculty of Law,University of Manitoba
Available On Request